VACANCY – CONTRACTS MANAGER – Architectural Metalwork
We have an excellent opportunity for a Contracts Manager with significant experience of working with steel structures and/or steel fabrication and a proven track record in a Contracts Manager position, to join our team. The right candidate will be a hardworking and ambitious individual with a keen desire to progress within the industry.
Responsibilities & Duties
Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager and working alongside our existing site installation teams you will take responsibility for a number of projects co-ordinating the site installation to completion. Duties will include:-
- Carry out site surveys and liaise directly with the client’s team to agree installation programmes, sequence of works and installation methods.
- Arrange and co-ordinate site labour teams as required to obtain maximum production from our installation teams.
- Resolve any queries in a timely manner and aid the site teams in planning and methodology of approach.
- Compile and issue risk assessments, method statements and COSHH assessments for all works to the approval of our Clients.
- Pro-actively manage and reinforce our health and safety policy at all levels and ensure works on site are planned and undertaken in a safe manner. Undertake site safety audits and feedback results and suggestions for improvement to the Director.
- Attend site production meetings as required, issue production reports for progress meetings when required.
- Feedback additional works, alterations and delays that may have a cost or programme implication to the Senior Operations Manager to ensure any variations are noted and dealt with accordingly.
- Liaise with the Drawing Office Manager and/or draughtspersons to ensure drawings are available for site operatives to carry out their assigned tasks and notify them of any errors or omissions.
- Liaise with the Production Manager to ensure timely delivery of all materials for installation.
- Create a climate conducive to high motivation and productivity, by leadership, example and fair practice.
- Maintain effective relationships with employees, clients, supply chain and consultants.
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working as a contract manager within architectural metalwork / steelwork / construction sectors
- Management CSCS Card and SMSTS Certificate are essential.
- IOSH or NEBOSH preferred
- A proven background in fabrication and site installations of staircases and balustrades, Secondary Steelwork & General Steel Fabrications would be an advantage.
- Full Clean UK Driving Licence is essential
Please apply in writing with CV to:
Metaltech uk Ltd,
Unit 2, Fowler Road, West Pitkerro Ind Estate,
Dundee DD5 3RU
Must be able to provide references and be eligible to work in the UK.
Metaltech uk Ltd are an equal opportunities employer.
Due to the high volume of applications, only those applicants that meet the selection criteria will be responded to.
Share this Job